Benefits of Membership
Membership of CAPPP allows you to use CAPPPCHAT, an email service which enables you to communicate with over 400 other members, to ask for or share professional information. Members also have access to the members area of the website which contains a list of all members, their contact details, specialism and areas of interest. Other benefits include; reduced fees for CAPPP workshops, and the opportunity to meet others through networking events.
The cost of membership is £22.00 for the period January to December. If you join after 30th June in any year the fee for the remainder of that year up to 31st December is £12.50. If you join after 1st November in any year and pay the full yearly amount of £22.00 it will be treated as payment for the coming year and you will in effect get November and December free. Membership in subsequent years must be renewed by the 10th January.
Please read the membership criteria carefully before filling in the online application form below as you must provide evidence of your qualifications and membership of a professional body before your application can be processed. If you have any further questions please contact the Membership Secretary on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Criteria & Benefits of Joining CAPPP
To join CAPPP you need to meet the following criteria, and be able to provide evidence of your qualification to practice and membership of a professional body. Evidence of all qualifications and memberships, which you wish to include in your online membership list entry, must be sent to the administrator at the time of your application.
CAPPP is open to all counsellors and psychotherapists, aged 18 years and over, in private practice provided that they meet the following requirements:
- have completed and qualified from a practitioner diploma level training in counselling and/or psychotherapy of at least 2 years duration and in a face to face context
- are working in private practice or in the process of setting up in private practice
- are receiving regular clinical supervision for this work
- be a member of a counselling and/or psychotherapy professional body e.g. BACP, UKCP or other equivalent body and adhere to their Code of Ethics and Professional Practice. (Student membership of a professional body is not acceptable for membership of CAPPP).
The benefits of CAPPP membership are:
- Use of the CAPPPchat email network which communicates with more than 400 counsellors and psychotherapists who are members of CAPPP. CAPPPchat is used for messages and requests on such things as: advertising training courses and workshops, referring clients, requesting advice on issues and work related interests etc.
- Access to the list of members, their contact details, specialism and areas of interest is available in the member’s area of the website.
- Reduced price at CAPPP events held throughout the year. CAPPP events are charged on a break-even basis.
- Opportunity to rent Psychotherapy DVDs for personal or training purposes. The only charge is the postal cost.
CAPPP membership costs £22.00 pa. and is renewable annually in January of each year.
If you join between 1st July and 30th October in any year membership is £12.50 for the remainder of that year until renewal in the following January. If you join after 1st November in any year and pay the full annual amount it counts as your next year’s membership of twelve months to the following January. (You get 14 months for the price of 12.)
It is easier for us to administer if you pay your membership renewal fee by standing order.
When you fill in the application form to join CAPPP we ask that you read and familiarise yourself with our policies including Workshop Policy, Constitution and Equal Opportunities & Diversity Policy.