A one-day workshop for therapists offering practical know how. We will look at basic techniques as well as exploring some theoretical ideas about working with dreams.
Among other things we will:
• Explore the different kinds of dreams and pay attention to how we notice that.
• How much it is appropriate, if ever, for us to interpret the dream world of another.
• How to find ourselves in a fluid attention that doesn’t seek to know but rather allows the dream to retain its’ secrets as well as revealing hints to dreamer and therapist.
• How to keep integrity with the dream. Do’s and don’ts.
• Ask ourselves what are our beliefs and attitudes towards our own dream world – how do we currently attend to it ourselves?
In the afternoon there will be an opportunity for experiential grounding of the material discussed in the morning. We may work together with some dreams and there may be an opportunity for participants to try out some of the methods we have looked at in a fishbowl style. It is often important to put learnings into practice as soon as possible.
Please bring at least one dream to share. Old or new dreams welcome.
Sophia is a Psychotherapist and Supervisor of many years and has worked with her own and other people’s dreams for thirty-five years as part of a soulful approach to the great Unconscious. For her the dream offers truths from the deep and can help show the way to the conscious mind in times of confusion, sorrow and joy as well as bring hints from the Collective and the world of prophecy.
Price: CaPPP Members £65.00 – £70, Non-members £75.00
Places are limited and must be booked in advance by 18.00 on Wednesday 20th April.
Venue: St Michael’s Centre, The Green, Stoke Gifford, Bristol BS34 8PD. The venue is a few hundred metres from Bristol Parkway railway station with good rail, bus connections and plenty of nearby parking. https://www.stmichaelsvenuehire.co.uk/location