This is an introductory workshop exploring gender diversity, which aims to increase awareness of gender diversity and the roles we can take in supporting people who are trans, gender diverse and/or gender non-conforming.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for anyone who wants to understand more about gender diversity and how to support gender non-conforming people. You could be working with gender diverse people, be a friend, family member or parent of someone who is gender diverse, and/or want to understand your own gender more. This workshop would be beneficial to those in professions such as teaching, therapy, youth work, community support, social work, equality and diversity or HR.
What will the workshop cover?
● Reflecting on your own gender and your awareness of gender
● Understanding gender as Bio-Psycho-Social
● Understanding key terms relating to gender and trans issues
● Understanding what’s happening with trans rights in the World/UK
● Reflecting on the actions that you can take to support the trans community
Price: CaPPP Members £25.00, Non-members £35.00
Places are limited and must be booked in advance by 18.00 on Thursday 17th March 2022. A link to the event will be emailed to you at the latest 24 hours before the start of the event.