This training is a unique experience for you to explore and increase your understanding of Compulsive Hoarding and to obtain practical skills from a therapist who lived for 10 years with a partner who was compulsively hoarding.
The training is a mixture of theory and experiential learning and will include:
• We will clarify the issue of: ‘Is Hoarding OCD or OCD Hoarding?’
• DSM definitions
• Public and private value of possessions
• Psychological conceptualisations of hoarding
• Person-Object relations – burying the soul with objects
• Phenomenology of clinical approach
• Variations of hoarders, comorbidities and social/environmental impacts
• The ‘integrative approach’ a working model
Facilitator profile: Madison Amy Webb
Madison is a BACP Accredited Counsellor, MBACP, and voluntary register and mental health trainer. She works in private practice and is the counselling co-ordinator of a young person’s counselling service. She has considerable experience exploring her own experience of being in the world and supporting clients with their own exploration.
There will be a break in the morning, at lunch time and in the afternoon
Price: CaPPP Members £25.00, Non-members £35.00
Booking: book here via eventbrite
Places are limited and must be booked in advance by 18.00 on Wednesday 5th May. A link to the event will be emailed to you at the latest 24 hours before the start of the event.
CPD certificates will be sent to participants who complete an evaluation form.